Picture of How can I prepare for the Army Officer Scholarship Board at Westbury, other than being fit, such as mental capacity?

How can I prepare for the Army Officer Scholarship Board at Westbury, other than being fit, such as mental capacity?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Hugo H. asked a question to Infantry

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, November 22, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Hi Hugo, Thanks for your question, Although I cannot tell you from experience how to prepare for it, what I can suggest is to find what you can do to go a step further. As you mentioned, fitness is a large part of it, but what you must also bear in mind is that you want to find what is going to make you stand out from everyone else. Being able to show this and demonstrate your qualities will put you in a better position for the army wanting to take you up on those and utilise your skills. Joining as an officer will require you to have and build on leadership skills, one of the skills most required in the military is Leading by example, showing to your soldiers the standard that they should be, by demonstration and not just by direction. Being able to go that step further in achieving your goals and outperforming the competition can go a long way to earning the respect of all who work with you. Hope this helps and best of luck for what the future holds

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?