Picture of In the army are women treated equally to men

In the army are women treated equally to men

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

It just that i have never really met a female solider or heard of one from where i come from.

Anonymous asked a question to Logistics

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Last reviewed: Saturday, April 23, 2022

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, as a female serving in the Army i'd say the army is one of the most inclusive employers (and i have had other jobs prior to joining). The Army is fair and equal in terms of jobs, roles, money (the pay is completely transparent so everyone knows what everyone is on as it's on a payscale!). The Army has arguably one of the best maternity packages around (6months on full pay and you still acrew leave when you're on maternity leave so you could actually have 9mths off on full pay if you were clever with leave). I love it- there are usually more males than females so if you're on a course etc it's the lads who are the ones queuing for the loos rather than females! We literally get to wear comfy clothes and boots to work every day so don't need to worry about what to wear! Regardless of gender the army is one big family and there are always people to look out for you - i'd say it's a pretty awesome working environment most of the time.

Saturday, April 23, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?