Picture of My son is interested in joining, what advise can you give me?

My son is interested in joining, what advise can you give me?

Picture of Katie
1 response

William James G. asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, February 17, 2023

Last reviewed: Saturday, February 18, 2023

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi William, Thank you so much for your question. I imagine it can feel a little daunting when a son or daughter decides they want to join the Army; it is a big commitment, but it is a career which offers life-long employment and financial stability, as well as great opportunities and self development. It is worth sitting down and talking everything through with your son and go through the recruitment process and learn it together. I have no doubt he would really appreciate you doing that with him and being part of his journey. The first port of call is to have a look at the Army Recruitment website and go through the job opportunities; you’ll be amazed by how diverse the roles offered are. Work out what interests your son, what he would be good at, and what he is eligible (or could become eligible) to join. You’ll also find loads of useful information on there about basic training and how to prepare. Good luck with it all and feel free to come back to me if you have any specific questions after doing some research. Katie

Saturday, February 18, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?