Picture of I live in Ireland, is British army better than Irish army (peacekeepers) in your opinion? And what advantages if so.

I live in Ireland, is British army better than Irish army (peacekeepers) in your opinion? And what advantages if so.

Picture of Jen
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Scott W.

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Monday, July 31, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, August 7, 2023

Anonymous

As I plan on joining an army very soon and would like to know more about which would suit me best.

Monday, July 31, 2023

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

I think this is a really difficult question to answer, unless you can find someone who has either been in both Armys on chose 1 over the other and their reasons for doing so. Unfortunately this is back to you to speak to serving people, to research the job opportunities and for you to make that choice.

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Anonymous

That's perfect, I have been doing a lot of research on both army's now and only would like to know, after recruit training how long roughly could you be waiting to get deployed?

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, it very much depends what capbadge you join and what unit you're posted to and what is going on. The British Army really is deployed all over the world in a huge variety of locations doing many different roles - so you could literally be deployed anywhere.

Monday, August 7, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?