im currently looking at combat engineering jobs

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Sunday, September 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, September 6, 2021

Picture of SSgt Jay G.

SSgt Jay G.

Logistics Management

Hello! The key consideration for joining the Army is whether or not the lifestyle and career meets your expectations and suits want you want from life. There are only a handful of postings in Scotland, so you would need to be happy with the idea of working away from your family. I joined at 16 and really enjoyed the experiences the Army gave me and in comparison to what my friends were doing at college, I was much happier with my decision. Hopefully this answered your question.

Monday, September 6, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

At 16 you'd go to the Army Foundation College in Harrogate (North Yorkshire) as a Junior Soldier. As Jay said above, only you can decide if the Army is a good choice for you as every individual is different. It's certainly a good job; you will gain new skills and qualifications (inc being enrolled on an apprenticeship), the army will pay for all your driving qualifications and you will be paid as a Junior soldier when you enter Harrogate. There also aren't many jobs that you get to play sport on a Weds afternoon or go skiing in the winter or any other different adventure training courses.

Monday, September 6, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?