Picture of Do I need to write a technical test if I want to become a health care assistant?

Do I need to write a technical test if I want to become a health care assistant?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I think you may have posted a similar question already, but just in case, I will answer this as well! I don't work in recruiting so this is not my area of expertise. If you are already a HCA and wishing to join the army, then you will undergo the same application process as any other applicants wishing to join as a soldier. The details of this process are available on the British Army website, but they do include physical and mental tests. In terms of the mental tests, you will do the ability test, and then you may also need to sit the literacy and numeracy test if your GCSE grades don't meet the required criteria. You do not need to do the technical test as this is for RE, REME, Signals and RLC. If you wish to join the army and then train as a HCA that is a bit different and it would be best to start an application on the Army website and then discuss this further with a member of the recruiting team. Hope that answers your question!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?