Picture of what are the requirements needed to be a rifleman and what are the possible challenges of being a rifleman

what are the requirements needed to be a rifleman and what are the possible challenges of being a rifleman

1 response

Gibson L. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, August 23, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello Gibson, thank you for your question. I am not in The Rifles but I will do my best to answer your question as I can see it hasn't been answered it. To become a rifleman, infantry soldier, you must be aged 16 - 35 years 6 months to apply, you do not require any formal qualifications and you must complete the following fitness requirements at the Assessment Centre; Mid Thigh pull 76kgs, Medicine ball throw 3.1m and 2km run under 10 minutes and 15 seconds. I cannot answer the possible challenges of being a rifleman from first hand experience so I apologise for that. My advice would be to search on YouTube for videos and blogs made by the British Army and The Rifles for first account experiences with the role. I'm sorry your question wasn't answered sooner. For my information on this role, please visit the following URL https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/infantry/infantry-soldier Zoe

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?