Picture of What was briefing and main board like for you and any tips for success?

What was briefing and main board like for you and any tips for success?

Picture of Caroline
1 response

Muhammad S. asked a question to Caroline M.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Thursday, September 5, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, September 13, 2019

Picture of Caroline M.

Caroline M.

Troop Commander

Good morning, I found the briefing and main board challenging but actually quite enjoyable. I really enjoyed getting to know the people in my group. I did my briefing in Nov 2015 and main board in Feb 2016 so I might be a little out of date. For both I did quite a lot of preparation. For the planning exercises I found a load of examples online and did those in timed conditions. For the group discussion I listened to the news every night and read newspapers and The Week. For the fitness tests I practised them - I downloaded the bleep test onto my phone and ensured I could easily pass it. I also practised the psychometric tests online (Maths and English). I also brushed up on my military knowledge (CDS, CGS, defence secretary) and had a bit of an understanding of which Corps/Regiment I wanted to join. If you can go on a familiarisation visit between briefing and main board that also helps just to meet more people in the Army. Hope that helps. Any more specific questions please let me know.

Friday, September 13, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?