1 response

Additional information

What will be my role in the army when i join

Simion K. asked a question to British Army

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, December 9, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, January 20, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello Simion, thanks for your question and I am sorry it wasn't answered sooner. I can see you asked one of our insiders directly this question but I will answer it from my opinion too. When I was in school, I wasn't sure what career stream I wanted to go into. Work experience came around and the Army offered a 'look at life' week where school students could go stay on a military camp and experience military activities such as Drill (marching), Physical training sessions, field exercise (living and eating outside) and sports. This was a good insight into what life would be like in the Army and I felt inspired. I joined the Army when I was 18 after going to college to get my A-levels and I originally joined the Royal Logistic Corps. Three years later I transferred to the Adjutant General's Corps looking for a new challenge within the Staff and Personnel Support branch and this is the role I do today. I joined the army because it provides life experience and skills that are so valuable and I have travelled to many different countries for work, sports and adventure training with limited personal contribution. The wage is very good and the amount of leave days awarded are much higher than many other civilian jobs. I hope this helps Zoe

Monday, January 20, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?