Picture of Infantry officer what ways do you jojn?

Infantry officer what ways do you jojn?

1 response

Additional information

How do you join? Is it through infantry solider first? Or do I apply for infantry officer in my application? Thank you

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Sunday, January 5, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, January 6, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello, thank you for your question. To become an Infantry officer, you must first create your application online at the following URL https://apply.army.mod.uk/register?cid=refe8762227783 The entry requirements to become an Infantry officer is 72 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points at GCSE (including at least grade C/4 in English, Maths and Science or foreign language). Fitness wise you must pass at the selection board 76kgs mid thigh pull, medicine ball throw 3.1m, and 2km run 10m 15s/multi stage fitness test. All potential officers must attend and pass the Army Officer Selection Board (AOSB) Briefing and Main Board. If successful, you then begin Officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst for 44 weeks. Then specifically for Infantry officers, they then go on a 16-week Platoon Commanders Battle course in Brecon, Wales. To answer your question, you can join straight away as an Infantry Officer without joining as a soldier first. I hope this helps. Zoe

Monday, January 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?