Picture of For the University Officer training..is there a selection process ? Does everyone get a place?

For the University Officer training..is there a selection process ? Does everyone get a place?

7 responses

Jacqui I. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina D.

Lead Recruiter Senior Talent (Army Officer Recruiting)

Hi @Jacqui P, thank you for your question! There is an application process and a medical for the University Officer Training Corps - each UOTC will run slightly differently so it is worth getting in touch directly with them. Which university are you at?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jacqui I.

Hi there, I'm currently in Yr 12 at Sixth Form college looking at University places for 2021. My degree choice is Sociology, possibly universities I'm considering are Bristol, Cambridge, Bath, Warwick and Birmingham !

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina D.

Fantastic - Bristol and Bath are part of the same UOTC, the same for Warwick and Birmingham, and Cambridge has their own. When you start uni, you will be able to chat to the UOTC at the Freshers Fair. They will also be able to support you through your Officer application if you decide to join!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jacqui I.

How are people selected to get a place on the UOTC programme? Is it selective in terms of fitness or does everyone interested gain a place?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina D.

Each UOTC will operate slightly differently, but generally there will be a medical, an interview and some fitness. Please do not worry though, your UOTC will prepare you very well for this!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jacqui I.

Thankyou for all your help!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina D.

No problem :)

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?