Picture of Do I have to re-do selection again after university with the officer scholarship scheme?

Do I have to re-do selection again after university with the officer scholarship scheme?

3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

I really enjoyed being in the Army Reserve and Southampton University Officer Training Corps while at university and the skills I learnt really helped me with officer training and my career. Plus you get paid! There are trips away, I went adventurous training in Canada. Check out https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/entryoptions/officer-scholarship

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Anonymous

Sorry that hasn’t answered the question. Once you’ve passed selection for the scholarship scheme in year 12. Do you have to do it again after university?

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Under current rules, no. If you have passed the Army Officer Selection Board that is your conditional offer of employment. Those conditions being that you are successful with your studies and you graduate from the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. I'm sure you are aware of the other conditions set out for the bursary one of which is that you join the University Officer Training Corps (UOTC). The UOTC will help you to develop the skills you will need to be successful at Sandhurst.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?