Picture of I am a British student studying medicine abraod. What are the application criteria for applying as an army doctor?

I am a British student studying medicine abraod. What are the application criteria for applying as an army doctor?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I am a 4th year medical student studying in South Korea (with British citizenship), and have an interest in applying as an army doctor after graduation. Will I be eligible to apply? If so, how will the process differ from that of UK graduates?

Daniel V. asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, May 13, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Daniel, You will need full GMC registration to apply, usually applicants will have gained this by completing their foundation years in the UK. Doctors who join after foundation years (rather than join during medical school) usually apply to the Army during foundation year 1 as the application process can take a while. If you are able to gain a place on the foundation programme then I can't imagine your application process would differ greatly from UK graduates given that you are a British citizen. However I am not part of the recruitment team, so I could be wrong, if you would like confirmation I would recommend contacting them directly. I hope that helps.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?