Picture of Can I try hit the required fitness level during phase one and change to infantry

Can I try hit the required fitness level during phase one and change to infantry

Picture of Jen
3 responses

Additional information

If I don’t hit the required MSFT level to join as infantry, can I get fitter during phase one then ask to transfer into infantry from the Royal Artillery?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, June 14, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, once you get to your unit you could request to transfer capbadges - it is not a fast process and there are a lot of dependencies. The quick and easy answer is yes you can but it'll take time and you might even find that you enjoy what you're doing in the Artillery and don't want to transfer.

Monday, June 14, 2021

Anonymous

So even if didn’t hit the required 8.6 MSFT mark during selection to join as infantry, I can transfer to infantry if I get fitter during phase 1 if there is space available?

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

In short, yes. Your score at the Army Assessment Centre only determines where you can go when you initially join the Army - once you are in you can speak to the right individuals to support you in transferring to a different capbadge.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?