Picture of If I was overweight would I need to lose the weight to or will that be dealt with.

If I was overweight would I need to lose the weight to or will that be dealt with.

Picture of Jordon
Picture of Jen
2 responses

Danny J. asked a question to Medical

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 9, 2021

Picture of Jordon W.

Jordon W.

Combat Medical Technician

You would need to be within the BMI limit to be able to join, even if you are classed as boarder line providing you can get to this requirement once you start your training you will see a massive improvement

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, your BMI will be taken into consideration. Making sure you're as fit as you can is also important. Perhaps download the 100% Armyfit app as this will give you hints and tips to build up your fitness and monitor your fitness programme. It also lets you know how fit you need to be and runs through the army tests with you. Good luck.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
I'm worried about my weight and BMI when joining. Do you have any advice?I'm already registered but was told that my BMI is to high now I lost the weight needed to lose want to where I go now..Im 15 and planning on applying in two years im not very fit and want to lose weight before applying any tips to get fitAs a career, my only challenge is that my BMI might not be either favourable or acceptable. advise me to go ahead or notDo you see many thin people come through? I’m around 5’1, 60kg, I’ve always found it tough to gain and maintain weight.Hi how can i loose weight and get fit enough to pass my entry into the army?Is there a specific weight you need to be to become a solider or before any type of training?Is the mid thigh pull hard? I'm worried about it incase i cant lift the required weight. What is the avarage result?i’m 17, 5’10 and weigh 9st13. My BMI says ‘33rd Centile’ im unsure if thus means my BMI is too high for Regular entry?I am a Muslim, would that be an issue and would my dietary needs be taken care of?I want to get in so much, get super excited just thinking about it. But worried I won't lose enough weight. Any advice?I'm 34 and want to join the paras, I'm overweight and need a year to get fit, when should I enlist? will I be too old?Hi, I was curious should I start my application after I lose weight, or now? I need about 5-6 months to get into shape!I am very insecure about my weight because I am just under 10 stone. Should I join anyway?Is it worth trying? I've been in the army cadets 4+ years I am overweight (12st) and can't even do 1 press up Im scared