Picture of I'm already registered but was told that my BMI is to high now I lost the weight needed to lose want to where I go now..

I'm already registered but was told that my BMI is to high now I lost the weight needed to lose want to where I go now..

2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: General

Date asked: Thursday, September 5, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, October 27, 2019

Tom C.

SERGEANT PSI

Hi, if you already have an application, please contact your Army Careers Centre for your next steps of your application.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Thanks for the question. You would need to go to your GP to get weighed and they will write you a letter in which you would send to the National Recruiting Centre. Once they have received and reviewed it you will be placed back to active and allowed to proceed on to the next stage J

Sunday, October 27, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
I'm worried about my weight and BMI when joining. Do you have any advice?I'm about to sign up for the army but my fitness doesn't quite meet the standards. Will the army be able to help me thisSo I’m 18 and wish to go into a reservist role however my BMI is 17.6, .4 under what’s needed. Do I still have a chance?I have applied to rejoin. On my medical records it stait's I have PTSD, how will let his effect myself rejoiningIm 15 and planning on applying in two years im not very fit and want to lose weight before applying any tips to get fitAs a career, my only challenge is that my BMI might not be either favourable or acceptable. advise me to go ahead or notHi how can i loose weight and get fit enough to pass my entry into the army?i’m 17, 5’10 and weigh 9st13. My BMI says ‘33rd Centile’ im unsure if thus means my BMI is too high for Regular entry?I want to get in so much, get super excited just thinking about it. But worried I won't lose enough weight. Any advice?I'm 34 and want to join the paras, I'm overweight and need a year to get fit, when should I enlist? will I be too old?Hi, I was curious should I start my application after I lose weight, or now? I need about 5-6 months to get into shape!If I was overweight would I need to lose the weight to or will that be dealt with.I really want to apply but I feel like I won’t be able to do the fitnessI am very insecure about my weight because I am just under 10 stone. Should I join anyway?Is it worth trying? I've been in the army cadets 4+ years I am overweight (12st) and can't even do 1 press up Im scared