Picture of Is it worth trying? I've been in the army cadets 4+ years I am overweight (12st) and can't even do 1 press up Im scared

Is it worth trying? I've been in the army cadets 4+ years I am overweight (12st) and can't even do 1 press up Im scared

Picture of Sarah
1 response

Additional information

Like I genuinely can't do a single press up, I'm 17 and turn 18 in December I have recently had 2 friends just pass out and it makes me feel worthless, I don't have the motivation to go to the gym and I've never been due to personal issues that frighten me. I have declined every call the recruiters have gave me as I am to scared to talk to them. I have no idea what I am doing anymore

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, March 4, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, March 28, 2022

Picture of Sarah R.

Sarah R.

SQMS Accomodation NCO

It sounds like you have the interest and do want to join but your mind is stopping you get fit. If the gym guys worry you start training at home. The Internet/YouTube has loads of information and plans for getting Army fit. If you want to be in the Army then go get it, but only you can do this. Answer the calls and talk honest with the Careers team, they will have heard it all before and know what to do to help. Good luck and I hope you can be strong enough to push forward and be a better you.

Monday, March 28, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?