Picture of should I apply now even though I'm not necessarily satisfied with my fitness levels or should I wait, then apply?

should I apply now even though I'm not necessarily satisfied with my fitness levels or should I wait, then apply?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Monday, June 20, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good morning and thanks for your question, I would definitely recommend starting an application at the earliest opportunity. Even if you're not necessarily ready in terms of your fitness. The application process can take a while in some circumstances, so best to get it started sooner rather than later. As well as this, your recruiter will be able to help to improve your fitness and provide further encouragement. Part of our role is to help support the candidates in their applications and ensure they meet the standards of the job they want to pursue. In my short time working in the recruitment side of the army, I've seen many people whom have started their application with a fitness standard that is relatively low, but through the process and with the right coaching, they end up meeting the standards and creating a successful career regardless of where they end up. So, i would recommend starting an application, in short it'll give you some extra avenues for help as well as beginning what could end up being a lengthy process anyway. As well as this, even if you're not particularly ready to begin and would like to wait, you can withdraw your application and then pick it up again at another time if you choose to. Hope this helps, any more questions then feel free to ask.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?