Picture of I'm looking at becoming a CMT and was wondering how much I'll be able to communicate and see loved ones, more so my mrs?

I'm looking at becoming a CMT and was wondering how much I'll be able to communicate and see loved ones, more so my mrs?

Picture of Graeme
Picture of Jen
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, August 7, 2023

Picture of Graeme J.

Graeme J.

Royal Armoured Corp, Tank Crewman.

Hi, communication will be absolutely fine and you will be able to call most days while in training and use social media. I would say mainly on an evening when not in your daily lessons. You also get a long weekend to go home and some intakes that run over Xmas and summer may have a leave period. Post your initial and CMT training you will be posted to a Unit where you can look at service housing if married or in a long term relationship.

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Just adding to Graeme's post, once you are serving in your unit, if you are not required after duties or for wknds etc -the army is literally like a 'normal civilian' job. YOu don't have to live in a camp, you can have hobbies and interests outside of the army. As long as you are in work for when you are expected to be, what you do in your own time or where you live is entirely up to you. Obviously serving in the army means you could move every few years (not necessarily in the part of the UK / world where you want to be) or be sent away on Ops or you could be on exercise or having to stay in a camp with really rubbish wifi (there are still some out there!) but really, apart from those times think of the army as you would a job in any other large company!

Monday, August 7, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?