Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Connor F. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, January 26, 2024

Last reviewed: Monday, October 21, 2024

Picture of Deegan W.

Deegan W.

Recruiting Co-ordinator

Hello, As a trained plumber in the engineers it will be expected that you be able to deploy on operations. Your task while you are deployed will likely be doing your job as a plumber helping to build infrastructure for the Army or re-building civilian infrastructure in the local area. A good friend of mine is an electrician in the Engineers who deployed to Iraq. Hes told me he enjoyed his time there and said it was doing the job he had trained for but in another county. I hope this helps, please ask if you have any further questions.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Connor F.

Thank you for the reply I have another question: I plan on joining as an apprentice plumber then leaving after the apprenticeship to do a trade outside the army. Is that possible?

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Picture of Deegan W.

Deegan W.

Recruiting Co-ordinator

Yes absolutely. However it is important to remember that you must complete your minimum service of three years, terminate your service at the three year point, and then leave the army after another year. I hope this helps.

Monday, February 5, 2024

zach m.

hello i was just curious im soon to be going to do my assessment in pirbright and was wondering if its compulsory to have a buzzcut or if you just need to keep it relatively short?

Friday, October 11, 2024

Picture of Robert H.

Robert H.

Marketing Officer

Hi Zach, Whilst at training men's haircuts need to be off the collar and most tend to keep it short and tidy, this continues once you are out of training but there is a little more flexibility Hope that helps

Monday, October 21, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?