Picture of Is the army good for someone with no plan or doesn't know what they enjoy in life?

Is the army good for someone with no plan or doesn't know what they enjoy in life?

Picture of Sam
1 response

Additional information

I am currently 19 years of age and am wondering if the army would be a good place for me to try to figure out what I want to do in life and try to find something I enjoy doing.

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Mitchell D. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, March 28, 2024

Picture of Sam H.

Sam H.

Nurture Team SNCO

Personally, I joined the Army at 18 with no prior job experience and had just failed my A levels, other than skateboarding I didn't have any hobbies. During my nearly 15 year career I have travelled to at least 10 new countries, I have been away on trips to go Skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing and many other sports and activities. I learnt to drive in the Army and I have graduated university. All of these things I had no idea I would be interested in when I was 18, its because of the Army i had these opportunities available. When I was applying to join the Army I didn't know what job role I would be interested in, my careers centre really helped me to explore the options available and I found a job that appealed to me. The amount of people you meet, travel opportunities and personal development available to you in the Army is something I genuinely appreciate. So to answer your question, from my perspective, absolutely.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?