Picture of Would i need an A level to become a cyber engineer or would we be taught everything i need to know in the army?

Would i need an A level to become a cyber engineer or would we be taught everything i need to know in the army?

Picture of Frank
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

macauly p. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Sunday, June 23, 2024

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Picture of Frank R.

Frank R.

Networking, Cyber Security, IT

Good morning, Apologies for only just getting back to you, I have only just noticed this myself and may be able to offer some input. I am myself a Cyber Engineer with 9 years experience, and the short answer is no you do not. You only need to meet the minimum qualification requirements as laid out of the Army's website for your bespoke role. Of course, if the A-Level is relevant it will still be beneficial as you may cover similar material whilst on your Cyber Engineer course (at Blandford Forum) after finishing Basic Training. But if you are keen to get cracking, I wouldn't put off applying for the role as the process can be lengthy and you will absolutely be taught everything you need to do your job (both as a British Army Soldier and as a Cyber Engineer), and do it well. Hope this helps, and if you need any other information you know where to ask. All the best, Frank

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?