Picture of Hi, how do I choose which role would suit me best and how did you choose your role

Hi, how do I choose which role would suit me best and how did you choose your role

Picture of Robert
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Kyle M. asked a question to Robert P.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, July 11, 2024

Last reviewed: Sunday, July 21, 2024

Picture of Robert H.

Robert H.

Marketing Officer

Hi there, this is a great question. I’ll try and explain from my experience Before I joined the Army I did as much research as I could to understand what roles were available. This sort of information is readily available on the Army Website and the Army Jobs website. I also took time to understand what I wanted from the army, was a it a role? Was it qualifications? Was it a job in a certain location etc. There was some cross over between these two things and that is where I started focusing my attention. I spoke to anyone I could with experience in the Army to find out more. Advisers in your local recruitment centre will be able to offer you more bespoke advice, especially if you have already narrowed it down. My one piece of advice is that you will have to work in this role and with your colleagues for at least 4 years so ensure you choose somewhere you feel comfortable to be yourself doing something you enjoy. That might not be in the role you first thought you would end up doing, but as the adverts suggest, find where you belong. That was the case with me and I have no regrets.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?