Picture of What is the career pathway for a civilian pediatrician MRCPCh to Royal Army Med corp ?

What is the career pathway for a civilian pediatrician MRCPCh to Royal Army Med corp ?

Picture of Tori
1 response

AJMAL ASHRAF VALIYAKATH K. asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, March 23, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I am not sure if the RAMC are recruiting paediatricians at present. It is certainly not an option for those who are already in the RAMC and about to progress into specialty training. I would advise contacting the team on 0345 600 8080 and they should be able to advise you on what roles are available for doctors that have already undergone specialty training. Doctors joining the army go through a similar pathway to other potential officers. https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/joining-process/officer-recruitment-steps There are a couple of differences for us. We usually do AOSB (Army officer selection board) with other healthcare professionals. We also have an extra stage and will have our interview with the RAMC prior to attending RMAS (Royal Military Academy Sandhurst). Once at RMAS you do the short commissioning course rather than the full commissioning course. I hope you find an answer, sorry I couldn't be more help today.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?