Picture of What do you do after the age of 35? How do you sustain a comfortable living after the front line and have a family?

What do you do after the age of 35? How do you sustain a comfortable living after the front line and have a family?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Ellie A. asked a question to Combat

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Monday, May 11, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Ellie, Thanks for your question. I am over 35, have done a number of operational tours on the front line, and have a family. Like any job you have to work at ensuring you find the correct work/life balance but it is certainly achievable in the Army. Your role doesn’t change when you hit 35, you’ll still continue to work and deploy just as you did before, in fact you’ll do that pretty much up until you retire. What you’ll find in the Army is that people tend to stay very fit and healthy, even as they age, because we all stay so active. I hope that reassures you that the Army offers a long career and isn’t just for young soldiers (although I like to think I’m not old just because I’m over 35!), if you’ve got any follow on questions please come back to me. Katie

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?