Picture of Medical bursary scheme available to those on a graduate medicine course (not just undergraduates)? And on same terms?

Medical bursary scheme available to those on a graduate medicine course (not just undergraduates)? And on same terms?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I want to understand whether the bursary scheme would work in the same way for those on graduate medicine course (i.e. £10,000 for last 3 years of course, another £45k on completing training)? And whether the fact that I'd be studying medicine as a second degree would be any bar on my ability to apply to the bursary? I've already done an undergraduate scheme. Are there also any qualifications (socio-economic status/family income) or limits to the bursary scheme?

Anonymous asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, November 23, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I think for some of your questions it would be best if you contact the recruitment team, while the team on here are good with details about roles, most of us don't work in recruitment so the finer details are not our strong point! I certainly know doctors who have joined on the old cadet scheme that were doing their second degrees and that was not an issue. There are no qualifications or limits to the bursary scheme in regards to socio-economic status/family income. As to whether the funding is still the same for the graduate medical courses, I am not sure, I would guess it would still be the same, but it would best to check. I'd recommend giving AMS recruitment a call, their number can be found on their website and they have various social media pages as well. https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/army-medical-services/ If you have any problems getting an answer please do reply to this post and I will see if I can get hold of one of the team for you. Best of luck.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?