Picture of How many available medical OCdt bursaries are offered on average & how many applicants apply annually on average?

How many available medical OCdt bursaries are offered on average & how many applicants apply annually on average?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I’d really appreciate any insight, to gage how competitive the scholarship is, thank you

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, January 15, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, A very difficult question to answer I'm afraid! The number of applicants has increased, both from medical bursars and from direct entrant doctors. I mention this as often those who don't get the bursary will reapply later on when they finish medical school as a direct entrant, and the overall number of doctors joining the army is decided by the army manning team, so more bursars means less direct entrants and vice versa. As the number of available bursaries can vary as the manning requirement varies (and the requirement is reducing as we have better manning than in previous years), and the number of applications is equally as variable (but seems to be increasing), I am afraid I wouldn't even be able to take a guess at it. 'Very competitive' would be my best attempt. Sorry! Best of luck with your application.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?