Picture of Can you start in the army as a CMT and progress onto other roles such as nurse or ODP?

Can you start in the army as a CMT and progress onto other roles such as nurse or ODP?

Picture of Tori
3 responses

Additional information

I'm considering all of my role options and will need to pick up some training (A Levels/access course) prior to directly joining as a nurse/ODP if starting as a CMT and prgressing isn't possible. As I'm in my late 20's I want to make sure I'm in the best position to join

Matt L. asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, April 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, April 9, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Matt, Sometimes CMTs do transfer to train in other roles, however they still need to meet the entry criteria for that role, and even then they may not always be able to transfer. Some CMTs will gain the qualifications needed to meet the entry criteria while they are serving if they do not already have them.

Friday, April 9, 2021

Matt L.

Thank you, are there oppurtunities to gain additional driving qualifications/licences as part of the RAMC?? or is that something covered during basic training??

Friday, April 9, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Yes, it's fairly common for CMTs to gain extra driving qualifications (cat C, towing etc..)

Friday, April 9, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?