Picture of Does the AOSB for PQOs have a different pass rate to that of a regular soldier? And how best to prepare?

Does the AOSB for PQOs have a different pass rate to that of a regular soldier? And how best to prepare?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Thursday, December 16, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, December 17, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I am afraid I am unable to give you statistics on the pass rate at AOSB for officers or PQOs, simply because I don't know! Anecdotally, PQOs usually do fairly well, simply because they have a bit more life experience and are often trained in communication skills, leadership and working as a team as part of their university education. Additionally, passing AOSB for PQOs does not guarantee a place at RMAS, you still need to be selected by the AMS, and this is the competitive stage usually. I think the best way to prepare for AOSB is to pay attention at briefing, they give you all the information you need and will give you personalised feedback. Not all PQOs end up attending briefing (or they didn't in recent years), if this is the case for you, I would recommend speaking to someone who has done AOSB/briefing in advance, and also watching the videos on what to expect on our website. My main tips would be; be fit, brush up on your general knowledge and current affairs, and be yourself. I hope that helps!

Friday, December 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?