Picture of Hi, is there no longer pressups and sit ups on the fitness test?

Hi, is there no longer pressups and sit ups on the fitness test?

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, September 27, 2019

Last reviewed: Saturday, September 28, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi There, Thanks for your question. The Army has recently changed its fitness tests and they no longer include press ups or sit ups. The new tests are designed to be a better reflection of the type of tasks that you will use in the Army. They are not harder, just different. Any training that you have already done towards the old tests will definitely help you get through the new ones. A list of the tests can be found at the following link; https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join/fitness/physical-entry-standards I hope this answers your question but if not feel free to come back to me. Katie

Saturday, September 28, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Hi, As Katie has mentioned above, press ups and sit ups are no longer an entry test. The British Army has now catered the fitness test specifically per role. Entry requirements are slightly different but when you get in to your specific role fitness testing will be catered towards that. For example, if you are a chef you won’t require a fitness standard that of an Infanteer. Hope this helps J

Saturday, September 28, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?