Picture of Army dentist: What would you suggest a Y11 student could do to get into that field?

Army dentist: What would you suggest a Y11 student could do to get into that field?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, December 11, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, December 11, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I would advise thinking about it in a step by step process, the first one being to get the right GCSE grades and A level grades to get into a place to study dentistry at university. To join the Army as a Dentist you can either apply for a bursary while you are at university, or you could finish university and apply as a fully qualified Dentist. Sometimes potential officers find it helpful to join in with OTC at university to get a good idea of what the Army is about. I would advise that while extra curriculars are important, the Army also just wants good Dentists, so your studies should come first! In regards to the application process, it is very similar to how regular officers join, there is lots of information about this on our website. I found the most useful tips for when I joined where; being fit enough to pass the assessment easily, up to date on current affairs, and practising time/speed/distance calculations. But everyone is different and will find different aspects of the process easier than others. I'm sure you have seen our page on joining as a Dentist, but just in case you haven't, here is a link https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/dentist Best of luck!

Friday, December 11, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?