Picture of hi Greg it's a bit off topic but I have a step son that is not legally mine in any way, what is the policy on this.

hi Greg it's a bit off topic but I have a step son that is not legally mine in any way, what is the policy on this.

Picture of Greg
1 response

Shano J. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Sunday, August 25, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, September 2, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hi Shano, I am guessing that you are asking this question in relation to occupying military housing. I am no expert in this area but if you are married or in a civil partnership you will automatically be entitled to apply for a house. If you are married or in a civil partnership with someone that has parental responsibility for the child, they will be entitled to stay with you. Hopefully this answers the question. This is a difficult thing to discuss on here and may be better suited to a telephone call to the National Recruitment Centre on 0345 600 8080.

Monday, September 2, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
hello Tom, i only had a medical issue which i already got, so in this case can't i be given another chance?My son would like to have his work experience in the army. Who would i contact to discuss this?Hello, so im currently studying a non related degree. I was just wondering if this is something i could do on the side?Hi there want to be a plasterer/painter but do not have gcses but I am an experienced plasterer with my own businessHi Greg, I have two questions, What's it like being an RMP?What would you say to someone considering the position?I'm in the exact position you were at the end of FY1! What is the post-FY2 process like, how do I enquire about it?Hi Greg, what is the difference between policing duties and the intelligence role?My son is currently in his first week at ITC Catterick, any advice to help him get through 1st week. 7 have quit so far!My son has been rejected und JSP950 part 1 LFT 6.7.7, 4L35 Our family doctor supports his app can we do anything more?I want to join as an offcier but I now have a child with my partner. How much will be able to see my family?hello, I am interested in studying nursing degree. Im a single parent and have a son so looking at options.My son is 18 next month and thinking of applying as a reme,he is dyslexic would this effect his chances?my son applied but because he tested positive COVID he has to wait a year until applying again is this true?hi mate been considering joining the army since I was a kid have you got any advice on what i should expectI am married and have a 14 month old son. How often would I be able to see them if I did officer training.