Picture of What was the regimental selection board like for the Royal Artillery and what other regiments did you apply for?

What was the regimental selection board like for the Royal Artillery and what other regiments did you apply for?

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Muhammad S. asked a question to Katie

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Sunday, September 15, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, September 15, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Muhammad, I’m really pleased to hear that you’re considering a career in the Royal Artillery, it’s a great Regiment that offers great diversity in roles. At Sandhurst I applied to both the Royal Artillery and the Royal Engineers. The selection process runs throughout your time at Sandhurst where you will identify Regiments and Corps which interest you, and where Regiments and Corps will identity people who they think are best suited to serving with them. These selection events take different forms; some are drinks receptions, others formal dinners, presentation evenings, and visits to units. The final stage is the selection board which you speak of which is a formal interview in the final term of Sandhurst. The interview board were very welcoming but it was nerve wracking, mainly due to self induced pressure as I wanted to join the Regiment so badly! I was asked questions about my motivations for wanting to join the British Army and the Royal Artillery, they enquired about me as a person including my upbringing, education and hobbies, and they asked what interested me most about the Royal Artillery. I hope this helps informing your decision. Feel free to come back to me if you want more information. Katie

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Muhammad S.

Thank you very much, Katie!

Sunday, September 15, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?